- DVD Tenryu-ji: "In gardens there is neither gain nor loss"
- Planning: The Institute for Zen Studies
Production: Film Studio Sangha
Distribution: The Institute for Zen Studies
- Price: 1,650yen (including tax)
- Book details (name of author, etc.)：24 March 2009
- The Tenryu-ji garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the oldest strolling-style pond garden in Japan. Centering on the Sogen-chi Pond and using the surrounding Arashiyama mountains as “borrowed scenery,” the garden harmoniously combines the Zen-influenced landscaping of Muso Soseki with elements of the original Heian-era palace garden.
This DVD features beautiful scenes of this garden photographed throughout the four seasons of the year, with captions in Japanese, Chinese, English, and Korean. It is about 20 minutes in length.
Post a comment