- DVD Kinkaku-ji: "The golden phoenix dances through the seasons"
- Planning: The Institute for Zen Studies
Production: Film Studio Sangha
Distribution: The Institute for Zen Studies
- Price: 1,650yen (including tax)
- Book details (name of author, etc.)：24 March 2009
- The garden of Kinkaku-ji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, centers on Kyoko-chi Pond, with its scenic design featuring pine-clad islands and picturesque rocks (many of them gifts from feudal lords in other parts of Japan). With Mount Igasa providing “borrowed scenery” in the background, the Kinkaku-ji garden represents one of the finest examples of Muromachi landscape design.
This DVD features beautiful scenes from this garden photographed throughout the four seasons of the year, with captions in Japanese, Chinese, English, and Korean. It is about 20 minutes in length.
Post a comment